What We Provide
MPower is excited to be the first fitness studio to offer the Los Angeles-based Lagree Method right here in Birmingham. This innovative exercise guarantees results by melding together elements of Pilates, cardio and stability training. Through slow, controlled movements, this method strengthens your body, lengthens your muscles, burns fat, improves endurance and jump starts your metabolism—all to powerful beats of inspiring music! These classes are not only the most innovative and aggressive approach to full body conditioning and MEGA calorie burning (up to 800 calories/ class), they are FUN!
Craving a little extra cardio? Our spin classes will challenge your body and brighten your day as we get you dancing in your seat and cycling hard to boost your strength, stamina and endurance. It’s time to enhance your cardiovascular abilities and burn away MEGA calories!
Frequently Asked Questions:
I am a new client. How do I schedule a class?
You can register for a class online at Mindbody (https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/su1.asp?studioid=317167&tg=&vt=&lvl=&stype=&view=&trn=0&page=&catid=&prodid=&date=8%2f12%2f2017&classid=0&prodGroupId=&sSU=&optForwardingLink=&qParam=&justloggedin=&nLgIn=&pMode=0&loc=1).
We accept walk-ins when available.
- If you are a new student, you need to create a MindBody account with us. It’s easy! Follow the simple steps below and you will be all set.
o Click this link: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/su1.asp?studioid=317167&tg=&vt=&lvl=&stype=&view=&trn=0&page=&catid=&prodid=&date=8%2f12%2f2017&classid=0&prodGroupId=&sSU=&optForwardingLink=&qParam=&justloggedin=&nLgIn=&pMode=0&loc=1
o Enter your name on the “New to our site?” portion on the right of the page
o Follow the prompts for the personal information, payment information and liability.
o Now that you are a member (welcome!), follow the steps below to book your first class with us.
I am an existing client. How do I schedule a class?
- Click this link and log into your account- https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/su1.asp?studioid=317167&tg=&vt=&lvl=&stype=&view=&trn=0&page=&catid=&prodid=&date=8%2f12%2f2017&classid=0&prodGroupId=&sSU=&optForwardingLink=&qParam=&justloggedin=&nLgIn=&pMode=0&loc=1
- Go to the “Group Class” tab
- Click the “Sign Up Now” tab of the class time that you would like to attend
- We will see you soon!
- Always feel free to call the studio and we can help you sign up- 205-518-5676
How does the waitlist work?
It does work- we promise! If the class that you want to attend is full, put your self on the waitlist and you will be alerted by email or text message if you have gotten into the class. Be careful to cancel your reservation at the time of the alert if you can no longer make the class as you will be signed up.
How early should I arrive before my class?
For first-time visitors, please arrive 10 minutes before your class is scheduled to begin. Your instructor will take this time to walk you through the Megaformer or Spin Bike. If you’ve been to the studio before, please arrive 5 minutes early.
What if I am running late to class?
We get it. Meetings runs late, traffic is heavy or the carpool line is insanely long. If you are signed up for a class and are running behind, you have a 10-minute window from the start time of the scheduled class to keep your reserved spot. If you are over the 10-minute window, your spot could be given to a standby client and you will be charged the $10 no-show fee. Thank you in advance for understanding!
What should I wear and bring to class?
For Megaformer classes, you should wear comfortable clothes that are easy to move in, much like you would wear to the gym. For safety and sanitary purposes, we require that you wear socks with grips. These can be purchased at the studio. We also recommend bringing a small towel and water bottle.
For spinning classes, you should wear comfortable clothes and body hugging leggings or biking shorts. Bring a small towel and water bottle. We welcome you to either wear tennis shoes and we have shoe cages available or you can rent spin shoes for $2/use. If you plan to come to class often, see the following link to purchase spin shoes. Our bikes are SPD clip compatible.
Are there different levels of classes?
Both our Megaformer classes and spin classes are made for and welcome all fitness levels.
I have never tried a Megaformer or cycle class before. Should I be concerned?
If you are a beginner, don’t worry! Both the Megaformer and spin bikes enable you to go at your own pace. Our certified instructors are here to coach you through proper placement and help with modifications when needed.
Can I try MPOWER if I’m pregnant?
Talk to your doctor. Most doctors do not advise trying a new workout while pregnant. If a client was regularly taking our classes prior to pregnancy, most can continue to come to class as long as they feel comfortable. Our instructors are all trained on modifications for pregnant students.
Will my spot be given away if I’m late?
If clients are not there at the start of class, their spot may be relinquished and a late fee applied. After 10 minutes, your spot will be made available to a standby client.
How often should I take MPOWER Classes?
The Megaformer classes are designed to work your body to muscle fatigue at which point you need to rest. We recommend taking Megaformer classes 3-4 days/week.
Spin classes provide the heart-pumping, pure cardio component needed to really sculpt a lean body.
The key with both methods is to listen to your body and find a routine that works for you. Our founder, Emma Suttles, has settled into 3-4 days of Megaformer classes/week with spinning classes on the days in between.
Do you have locker rooms?
We have cubbies in both the pilates studio and spin studio for personal belongings.
Do you have showers?
We do not have showers, but we do have goodies in the restroom to freshen up if needed!
Do you provide water?
If you bring your own water bottle, we do have filtered water available. We also have reusable water bottles for sale. We do not provide disposable cups for our provided water.
How old do you have to be to take a class?
All students must be 16 years or older. If you are under 18, we do require a signature from a parent or guardian.
How do I schedule a private lesson or private event?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about private lessons or private events!
Can I schedule my sales team, bachelorette party or any other private event at MPower?
Yes! We would be thrilled to have you. Email us at email@example.com and we will get you all set up!
General Terms & Conditions
· Instructors and classes are subject to change without notice. Please keep an eye on the MPOWER schedule for updates.
· MPOWER accepts Mastercard, Visa, American Express, cash or checks.
· All classes must be prepaid. A valid credit card is required for all accounts.
· All class sales are final. Classes are not eligible for transfer, refund or exchange.
· For your safety, it is mandatory that clients wear socks with grippers. These are available for purchase at the studio or feel free to bring your own.
· For first time students (Welcome!), please arrive at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start time so that your instructor can provide a brief orientation of the equipment.
Monthly Unlimited Membership Terms
To purchase your Monthly Unlimited, log into your MindBody LINK account, go to Contracts and choose Monthly Unlimited.
· With the monthly unlimited membership, you can book up to 1 class a day, every day! Get ready to see a major change in each and every day you spend with us!
· If you are a monthly unlimited membership and either no-show or late cancel a class, your account will be charged $10.
· The monthly unlimited membership auto-renews every month.
· If you would like to cancel your monthly membership, simply log on to MindBody at least 3 days in advance of your renewal for the following month and cancel your package. If you need assistance call or email the studio. Hello@mpowerbhm.com, 205-518-5676
Class Cancellation Policy
· Do you need to cancel your class reservation? No problem! Please just keep in mind that all classes require an 8-hour cancellation notice.
· Cancellations can be made on the phone with our front desk or click the link here to cancel your class via MindBody
o Go to My Info
o click My Schedule
o click Cancel next to the class time.
· If you have trouble cancelling or have any questions, call or email us! firstname.lastname@example.org, 205-518-5676
· To cancel a class over the phone, you must speak with an MPower representative. We do not take cancelations via email or voicemail.
· Canceled classes cannot be switched within the 8-hour window, however you may show up as a walk-in for another class that same day and if a spot is available, it’s yours!
· We are sorry, but we do not offer refunds if you need to cancel within 8 hours of the class start time, you will lose that class credit.
· If a class you’d like to take is full, we highly recommend putting yourself on the waitlist.
· In order to do so, you must purchase a class or series. Insert linkIf you do not get a spot in the class, your account will be credited!
· When scheduling, choose “Yes, add me to the Waitlist.” If your plans change, please remove yourself from the waitlist.
· If a spot opens, you will be added to the class and receive an email confirmation.
· TO CHECK YOUR WAITLIST STATUS
o LOG INTO MINDBODY
o GO TO MY INFO
o CLICK MY SCHEDULE. IF YOU GOT INTO THE CLASS IT WILL SAY “WAITLIST UNCONFIRMED.” IF YOU DO NOT WANT THIS CLASS, BE SURE TO REMOVE YOURSELF OR NOTIFY US AND WE’LL REMOVE YOU!
· All classes have an 8-hour cancellation notice, so if you're added to a class from the waitlist at the last minute, be aware the 8-hour cancellation still applies.
· The waitlist closes 8 hours prior to that class start time.
· If you no longer want a spot in the class, you need to remove yourself from the waitlist 8 hours in advance of the class. If you are added to the class and fail to remove yourself in time, you will lose the class credit.
Thank you for shopping with us! See the below terms for purchases at the studio.
· Returns or exchanges are accepted within 45 days following purchase.
· Returns will be made to card the item was purchased on or for store credit.
· Gift cards are non-returnable.